Saturday, March 21, 2009

Project Eyeborg is almost complete!

Rob Spence, the Canadian documentary filmmaker who lost his eye in a shooting accident when he was 13 is getting a tiny wireless camera fitted into his prosthetic. It's almost done, they have it working under battery power. The picture of Rob on the site is either incredibly creepy, or incredibly awesome, depending on how much scifi you read as a child. You can guess which way I lean. :)

http://www.eyeborgproject.com/blog/2009/03/19/cyborgs-do-it-on-the-internet/

2 comments:

Kasmoie said...

sweeeeeeeeet!

cnawan said...

I know, right?
So far the ppl I've shown the pic to have gone: 'omg', 'awesome!' and 'o god eyeball violence' lol
It's the "uncanny valley" thing I think - he looks human, but ever so slightly horribly wrong.

I say \m/